Feel free to double this recipe, for more fritter fun.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 8 Fritters
- 4 ears sweet corn or 2 cups corn kernels
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Vegetable or canola oil for frying
- Cut corn kernels from cob into a large bowl. (Note: For a creamier fritter, cut kernels off 2 cobs and use a large-hole grater to grate the kernels off the other 2 cobs.)
- Add the egg and beat the mxiture with a fork to combine the corn and egg. Sprinkle mixture with flour and salt and stir to combine everything thoroughly. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Heat a generous layer of oil (about 1/4 inch deep) in a large frying pan or pot over medium-high heat to 350°F to 375°F. A bit of batter dropped into the pan should sizzle immediately.
- Put generous spoonfuls of the batter into the pan and flatten a bit with the back of the spoon. You should be able to fit about four fritters in a large frying pan at a time. Cook until fritters are browned on one side, flip, and cook until they are brown on the other side, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer fritters to a paper towel-lined plate to drain and repeat with remaining batter. Serve immediately.
Find more Delicious Corn Recipes here.