Feel free to double this recipe, for more fritter fun.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound zucchini
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Vegetable or canola oil for frying
- Grate zucchini into a large bowl.
- Add the egg and beat it with a fork. Combine zucchini and egg. Sprinkle mixture with flour and salt and stir to combine thoroughly. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Heat a generous layer of oil (about 1/4 inch deep) in a large frying pan or pot over medium-high heat to 350 - 375. A bit of batter dropped into the pan should sizzle immediately.
- Put generous spoonfuls of batter into the pan and flatten a bit with the back of the spoon. You should be able to fit about four fritters in the pan at a time. Cook until fritters are browned on one side, flip, and cook until they are brown on both sides. Transfer fritters to a paper towel-lined plate to drain and repeat with remaining batter. Serve immediately.
Makes about 8 Zucchini Fritters.