Note: If you've never shelled and blanched fava beans before, see this Step-By-Step Guide.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 lbs. fava beans
- 1 Tbsp. minced shallot
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. minced chives
- Shell, blanch, and re-shell the fava beans. You should have about 1 cup of shelled and peeled fava beans.
- In a medium bowl combine the shallot, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Let this mixture sit for about 10 minutes to let the shallots flavor the vinegar. Slowly whisk in the oil. Toss the dressing with the fava beans, cover, and chill for at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
- To serve, stir in the chives and use a slotted spoon to transfer the beans to a small serving plate, an antipasto platter, or on top of a simple green salad.
Makes about 1 cup Marinated Fava Beans.