Note: The dressing can be made beforehand and placed in the fridge, just be sure to stir it up before serving.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. dijon-style mustard
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head butter lettuce, washed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Put the hazelnuts on a sheet pan and bake until toasted, about 10 minutes. Put the nuts in a clean kitchen towel and rub vigorously to remove skins. (Don’t worry if not all of the skins come off.)
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, mustard, honey, garlic, shallot, salt, and pepper.
- Gently wash, hull, and cut strawberries into quarters.
- In a large bowl, toss the lettuce, strawberries, and hazelnuts with enough dressing to coat evenly. Pile high onto salad plates and top with the goat cheese. Serve immediately.
Makes 6 servings