Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 4 cups strawberries or 3 cups blackberries, blueberries, or raspberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon orange or berry liqueur (optional)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Gently rinse berries. Hull the strawberries. Set aside a few berries for garnish, if you like.
- In a medium bowl gently toss berries with sugar, liqueur, and lemon juice. Let sit for 20 min.
- Put berry mixture in a blender or food processor and whirl until smooth or simply use a large fork to mash them a bit. Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat cream until soft peaks form. Gently fold the berry mixture into cream until evenly distributed. Spoon into serving dishes (wine glasses work well), top with reserved berries for garnish, if you like, and serve immediately or keep chilled up to 1 hour.
Makes 6 servings Strawberry Fool.