Bright blushing Rainier cherries look gorgeous on a bed of greens, and their juicy sweetness pairs perfectly with a creamy Yogurt & Buttermilk Dressing. Add a bit of crumbled crispy bacon for a measure of richness and deeper flavor.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 head green or red leaf lettuce
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 cups Rainier cherries
- 1 recipe Yogurt & Buttermilk Dressing
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 slice bacon, fried to a crisp (optional)
- Rinse and dry the lettuce. Slice the onion very thinly. Pit the cherries just before assembling the salad (if you've never pitted cherries before, see How to Pit Cherries).
- Tear the lettuce into pieces and arrange with the onion slices. Top the salad with cherries and drizzle with Yogurt & Buttermilk Dressing. Sprinkle with crusty sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, and crumbled bacon, if you like.
Makes 4 servings Rainier Cherry Salad.