Use only the freshest, sweetest corn for this recipe. The kind that’s so tender and sweet you can eat it raw! This salad is wonderful with pretty much any grilled meal, or as part of a no-cook summer dinner.
Note: If you're grilling anyway, you might enjoy this spicy grilled corn salad instead!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 small red onion
- 3 ears sweet corn
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 2 sprigs basil
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, mix oil, vinegar, and salt. Finely chop onion. Add ¼ cup to dressing, reserve the rest for another use. Set dressing aside.
- Husk corn and cut off kernels.
- Core, seed, and chop tomatoes.
- Cut basil into thin strips (chiffonade).
- Toss corn and tomatoes with dressing. Sprinkle with basil and serve.
Makes 6 servings Corn, Tomato & Basil Salad.