Note: The cayenne can be removed or increased if you like.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3 medium yellow peaches
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp.red wine or sherry vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 heads butter lettuce or 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachios
- 6 strips crisp-cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Peel and pit one peach. Cut the epach into chunks and place them in a blender with the oil, vinegar, salt, and cayenne. Puree until smooth. Set aside.
- Cut the two remaining peaches into 8 slices. Place on a well-oiled grill over medium-high heat and cook for a few minutes on each side to lightly char them.
- Rinse and dry the lettuce. Tear the lettuce into bite size pieces. Place the lettuce in a large bowl along with the peach slices, pistachios, bacon, and green onion and toss with the dressing until well coated.
- Pile high onto salad plates. Serve immediately.
Makes 6 servings Grilled Peach Salad.