Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 4 ears sweet corn
- About 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pull back outer leaves but leave attached. Pull off and discard inner leaves and corn silk. Brush ears with butter, sprinkle with salt and pepper, pull attached leaves back up over the kernels and tie the top with a strip of corn husk or kitchen string.
Note: You can simply shuck the corn and grill it plain, without husk pulled back over the kernels.
- Heat grill to medium-high (you can hold your hand about an inch above the grill for 3 to 4 seconds). Put corn on grill and cook, turning, until outside is charred and kernels are tender, about 15 minutes. Serve hot or warm.
Makes 4 servings Grilled Corn.
- Add 1 to 2 Tbsp. chopped herbs like basil or oregano to the melted butter
- Add 1 minced jalapeño or ¼ tsp. cayenne to the melted butter
- Squeeze lemon or lime juice over the cooked corn before serving
- Sprinkle freshly shredded cheese on corn during last 5 minutes of cooking, cover grill and let cheese melt