Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 lb. green beans, trimmed
- 1 small shallot ot red onion,minced
- 1 Tbsp. sherry or red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Pinch of sugar
- 1/8 tsp.dry mustard
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- Prepare a large bowl of ice water and set it aside.
- Steam the green beans and then immediately plunge them in the ice water. Swish the beans around until they're completely cool. Dry them thoroughly - I like to pat them dry with a clean kitchen towel or paper towels. Put the green beans in a shallow dish.
- Combine the shallot or garlic, vinegar, and salt in a small bowl. Whisk the sugar, mustard, and oil with the shallot mixture. Pour the dressing over the green beans, cover, and chill at least 1 hour and up to overnight. (Note that green beans kept over night will loose some of their brilliant green color, but will be just as, if not more, delicious.)
Makes 4 servings Marinated Green Bean Salad.