Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb. green beans, ends trimmed
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare a large bowl of ice water and set it aside.
- Steam the green beans. Immediately plunge them in ice water. Swish the beans around until they're completely cool. Dry them thoroughly (I like to pat them dry with paper towels). Put the green beans in a shallow dish.
- In a blender, whirl the garlic, jalapeno, and lemon juice. Add the mint leaves, olive oil, salt, and pepper and whirl everything until the mixture is very smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the green beans and toss the beans to coat them thoroughly with the dressing. Let the beans sit at least 30 minutes at room temperature before serving or up to overnight covered and chilled. (Note, when chilled and allowed to marinate overnight the beans will lose some of their vibrant green color; they will also develop a more complex, intense flavor.)
Makes 4 servings Mint Jalapeño Green Beans.