Serve with whipped cream, if you like. For an extra treat add 1/2 tsp. almond extract to the cream for a nutty flavor that pairs beautifully with the rich pudding and orchard peaches.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 loaf sliced white bread, crusts trimmed
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 1 pint raspberries
- 2 large yellow peaches
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cut the bread slices diagonally into two triangles each.
- Using the paddle on a mixer beat eggs, flour, and sugar for 2 minutes on medium speed. Add the cream and mix just enough to combine.
- Arrange the bread to cover the base of the dish without having the slices overlap.
- Peel, pit, and cut peaches into small chunks and scatter them over bread. Scatter the raspberries over the bread too. Pour in half of the custard mixture.
- Arrange more bread triangles on top, slightly overlapping them in a circle around the edge and leaving a hole in the center. Pour on the rest of the custard mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes. If the top starts to get too brown, cover with foil. Bake until the custard is set, about 20 minutes more. Serve the pudding warm, with whipped cream, if you like.
Makes 8 servings Peach & Raspberry Bread Pudding.