Sweet corn turns a bit nutty when quickly sauteed, and fresh chiles give it a nice kick in this recipe adapted from Ruta Kahate's 5 Spices, 50 Dishes.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 6 ears corn
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp. mustard seeds
- 1/8 tsp. fenugreek seeds
- 2 serrano chiles, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp. tumeric (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Cut the corn kernels off the cobs.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the mustard seeds and fenugreek, cover, and cook until seeds pop. Add the chile and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the turmeric. Stir in the corn kernels and salt to taste. Cook, stirring, until corn is completely combined.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until corn is tender to the bite, about 5 minutes.
- Uncover, increase heat to high and cook, stirring occasionally and scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pan, until corn starts to brown.
- Stir in the cilantro. Serve hot or warm.
Makes 6 servings.