Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 recipe Buttery Tart Dough, Sweet Short Crust, or pre-made pie or tart crust
- About 2 lbs. summer stone fruit (peaches, necatrines, apricots, plums, and/or pluots)
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar
- Make the tart dough of your choice. Divide the dough into 4 to 6 pieces, patting each into a disk, before refrigerating it. Chill 30 minutes and up to 3 days.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice the fruit, peeling it if you like, and put it in a large bowl. Toss with the lemon juice.
- Roll each piece of dough into a 6-inch circle. Put dough circles on 2 baking sheets. Arrange the fruit slices evenly on dough, leaving about 1 inch uncovered dough around the edges. Sprinkle the fruit evenly with the sugar and roll or fold up edges of each circle to surround the fruit. Bake the tarts until the fruit is bubbling and the dough is golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Serve the tarts hot, warm, or at room temperature. Note that like all pies and tarts, these individual tarts are best eaten the day they are made.
Makes 4 to 6 Summer Stone Fruit Tarts.