You can find zucchini blossoms at many farmers markets. They should be used as soon after picking as possible.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- Oil for frying
- 1 egg
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/3 to 2/3 cup club soda
- 1 to 2 dozen zucchini blossoms
- Heat about 1/2 inch oil in a wide, deep pan to 375°.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat egg. Beat in flour and 1/4 tsp. salt to make a thick batter. Whisk in enough of the club soda to make a very thin batter.
- Dip each zucchini blossom in the batter to coat. Gently place in the oil and cook, undisturbed, until golden on one side, about 3 minutes. Turn over and cook until golden on other side, about 2 minutes. Quickly drain on a layer of paper towels, sprinkle with salt, and serve immediately.
Makes 1 to 2 dozen Fried Zucchini Blossoms.