This easy pasta dish is a tasty way to enjoy the silky sweetness of roasted red bell peppers. You can roast the peppers just for this dish or use any leftover roasted red peppers you may be lucky enough to have.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3 red bell peppers or other sweet, red roasting peppers
- 1/2 lb. spaghetti
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp. red chile flakes (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. salt, plus more to taste and for cooking pasta
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded Pecorino or Parmesan cheese
- Basil for garnish (optional)
- Roast and peel the peppers, cut them into chunks or strips and set them aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package instructions. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta-cooking water, drain the pasta, and set it aside.
- In the same pot in which you cooked the pasta or a large sauté pan, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the garlic, chile flakes (if you like), and 1/2 tsp. salt. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the reserved peppers and stir to combine. Add the pasta and reserved cooking water and cook, stirring, until liquid is absorbed.
- Serve topped with the cheese and basil torn into pieces or cut into a chiffonade, if you like.
Makes 3 to 4 servings of Roasted Red Bell Pepper Pasta.