Peppery arugula and bitter radicchio work together in this simple, bracing salad. It's strong flavors are perfect alongside rich meats and roasts.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 2 cups arugula leaves
- 2 small heads radicchio
- 4 - 5 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. good quality red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Rinse and dry arugula leaves. Cut the core out of the radicchio heads, cut heads into quarters, and chop into bite-size pieces. Set leaves aside.
- In a large salad bowl, whisk together oil, vinegars, and salt. Adjust salt and vinegar to taste, if you like.
- Add arugula and radicchio to the salad bowl and toss gently but thoroughly. Serve sooner rather than later.