Simply steamed green beans and thinly sliced red onions make a delicious and beyond easy summer salad.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 1 lb. green beans
- 1 small red onion
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. red wine or white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Trim green beans. Bring 1/4 cup of water to a boil in a large skillet over high heat. Add beans, sprinkle with salt, cover, and cook until beans are crisp-tender and water is evaporated, about 3 minutes. Rinse beans with cold water, pat dry, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, peel and halve onion. Slice into thin half-moons and set aside. (Rinse with cold water and pat dry to minimize the string flavor of raw onion, if you like.)
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, and mustard. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Put beans and onions in the bowl with the dressing and toss to coat the beans and onions thoroughly.