This tossed salad filled with cucumbers, carrots, mint, dill, and parsley is an easy and refreshing addition to simple meals.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. good quality red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 carrot
- 1 small cucumber
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 cup dill leaves
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves
- 1 small head romaine, oak leaf, or butter lettuce
- In a large salad bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, and salt.
- Peel carrot and grate or peel long strips of it into the salad bowl.
- Peel cucumber, cut in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds, and cut into thin half-moon slices. Add to salad bowl.
- Chop herbs and add to bowl.
- Rip lettuce into bite-size pieces, rinse, dry, and add to bowl (see step-by-step lettuce washing tips).
- Use salad tongs, salad fork and spoon, or clean hands to gently but thoroughly toss the salad.