Radishes and cucumbers bring plenty of refreshing crunch and mint adds a great hit of flavor to this easy summer salad. Use your favorite creamy dressing (I like Buttermilk Dill Dressing or Yogurt Garlic Dressing on this salad).
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup creamy dressing
- 1 small head romaine, oak leaf, or butter lettuce
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 bunch (8-10) radishes
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- Put 1/4 cup of the dressing in the bottom of a large salad bowl.
- Rip lettuce into bite-size pieces, rinse, dry, and add to bowl (see step-by-step lettuce washing tips).
- Peel the cucumber, cut it in half lengthwise, scoop out the seeds, and cut the cucumber into thin half-moon slices. Add them to salad bowl.
- Trim and slice the radishes and add them to the bowl.
- Chop the mint leaves and add them to bowl.
- Use salad tongs, salad fork and spoon, or clean hands to gently but thoroughly toss the salad.