A hot dressing poured directly onto a spinach salad gently wilts some of the leaves in this Wilted Spinach Salad. Add crumbled blue cheese, a handful of walnuts, or croutons for some crunch, if you like.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Sitting Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 to 6 salads
- 4 cups fresh spinach leaves torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 shallot or 1 garlic clove
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. good quality red wine vinegar or sherry vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Rinse spinach and pat or spin dry. Put it in a large salad bowl.
- Mince shallot or garlic. In a small frying pan heat the oil over high heat. Add shallot or garlic and cook, stirring, until sizzling and fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in vinegar, salt, and pepper. Pour dressing over spinach, quickly toss the salad to coat the leaves, cover the bowl, and let sit until spinach wilts slightly, 3 to 5 minutes.