Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1/2 tsp. salt, plus more to taste
- 12 oz. penne pasta (or other bite-sized shape)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil or butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. red chile flakes (optional), plus more to taste
- 8 oz. Brussels sprouts, trimmed, outer leaves removed, and thinly sliced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino cheese (or other hard grating cheese, such as parmesan), plus more to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1 Tbsp. salt and pasta. Cook until pasta is tender to the bite.
- Meanwhile, in a large frying pan over medium-high heat add olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes. When fragrant and sizzling, add Brussels sprouts and remaining 1/2 tsp. salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until Brussels sprouts are soft, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low and keep warm, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs and cheese. Set aside.
- When pasta is done cooking, drain and immediately add to egg and cheese mixture. Toss to coat pasta (and lightly cook eggs). Add Brussels sprouts mixture and toss to combine thoroughly. Add salt, pepper flakes, or cheese to taste. Serve hot.