The avocado breaks down a bit and becomes part of the vinaigrette, making a rich, creamy dressing with very little effort. The smaller you chop the avocado, the more it will mush into the dressing (you can even mash it in, if you like). Like the effect? You might like this Avocado Vinaigrette for use on any salad you like!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. fine sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 1 bulb fennel, trimmed and sliced as thinly as possible
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion, rinsed and patted dry
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste (optional)
In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, and salt. Add the avocado and toss to coat. Add the fennel and red onion and toss to coat. Add black pepper and more salt to taste if you like.
Makes 4 servings Fennel Avocado Salad.