Note: You'll find preserved lemons in Middle Eastern and gourmet groceries, or, for the best results, make your own.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil (a nice and fruity one works well here)
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 heads flat-leaf parsley
- 12 large mint leaves (optional)
- 2 preserved lemons
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine the oil, lemon juice, garlic if you like, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Remove and discard the large stems from the parsley. Coarsely chop the leaves and put them in a large salad bowl. Cut the mint into thin strips and add them to the parsley, if you like.
- Remove and discard the lemon flesh from the preserved lemons, rinse the rinds, and chop them finely. Add to the parsley. Toss to combine. Drizzle the salad with the dressing and toss thoroughly to combine everything evenly.
Makes 4 to 6 servings Parsley & Preserved Lemon Salad.