My Favorite Farmers Market
Jefferson county farmers markets
Saturday 9am-2pm in Port Townsend, Washington-voted best small town market in the state
Sunday 10am-2pm in Chimacum, Washington
Wednesday 3pm-6pm in Port Townsend
It's My Favorite Farmers Market Because...
The best of the local area from farm-raised produce, flowers, plant starts, prepared foods, cheese, bakery, beef, chicken, pork, eggs and crafts. You can shop for everything you need for a meal. The vendors are cheerful and helpful and know all about what they are selling. Everything is local and grown or made by real people. It is a strong part of the community. It is simply the perfect mix of goods and people and community. It gives us independence from big agro-business and box stores that are poisoning this country and it's people.
Tips and Tricks
- Go early for the best new crops, vendors often sell out. Eggs sell out early
- look for these vendors:
- CRUST mother and daughter selling sweet and savory galettes and pies in a jar using local ingredients-such as chicken pot pie baked in a mason jar
- DENTED BOUY- makes pizza to order in a wood-fired oven made from an old bouy
- CAPE CLEARE SALMON- sustainably harvested and brought to market by bicycle.
- RED DOG FARM- the best produce from a farm run by an amazing woman.
- SPRING RAIN FARM- simply the BEST eggs you will ever eat and chickens too.